According to recent environmental and scientific studies, those crises may be due to Global Dimming (GD) of solar radiation and not due to GW only.
The effects of GD are almost half as large as those of GW. While GW is an entirely atmospheric phenomenon, GD is a surface and near surface phenomenon.
In 1985, Atsumu Ohmura, a scientist working in Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, indicated that solar radiation falling on earth surface had decreased about 10% of that during last decades before. While he measured solar radiation across Europe and compared it with earlier measurements of 1960’s, he concluded that the earth is becoming darker .In 1989, Ohmura presented his analysis reports but it was not as impressive as GW. The decrease of solar radiation seemed ridiculous by some .But in the same year 1985, the English scientist, Gerald Stanhill, working at Agricultural Research Organization , Israel, noticed about 20% drop of solar radiation in Israel compared to the data of 1950 .This observation led Stanhill to coin the term GD in contrast to the term GW.As a result of GD , the variation of solar radiation during 1950 to 1990 was like 9% in Antarctica , 10% in the USA , 16% in England, 30% in USSR and 37% in Hong Kong .
The reasons for the solar radiation being blocked and stopped reaching the earth surface are:
1. Air pollution
2. Particle-seeded water vapors present in the cloud contrails (cloud contrails are vapors produced by airplanes, smog formations, volcanic eruptions, meteorite hitting etc. )
3. Cloud and suspended nano particles in the air.
Impacts of GD:
1. The impacts of GD are so dangerous that if a 3% reduction of solar radiation continues every year, it might take 330 years for the earth to be completely dark.
2. The main reason for the extinction of Dinosaurs was the darkness due to meteorite impact on earth. E.g. GD.
3. GD is now being considered responsible for the droughts in Sub-Sahara Africa during the 1970’s and 1980’s.
4. Ripening of crops may be affected and drop in productivity may take place.
5. Oceans get shielded from getting full solar radiation and that might affect the global rainfall pattern.
One form of air-pollution caused by Green House gasses is responsible for GW while another form of air-pollution due to air borne particles causes GD. Thus, though GD and GW are thought as opposite to each other, those can cause equal impact on the environment at the same time .
GD may be the effect of GW and vice versa.
Visit The Link : http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/global-dimming-2/