Computer Science , Humanities , Life Sciences , Mathematics , Physical Sciences and
Social Sciences ) were honored and declared winners of the prestigious Infosys
Prize- -2012 by the Infosys Science Foundation . At a grand ceremony in New Delhi on
3rd January ‘ 2013 , the seven winners were felicitated by the former Prime Minister of
Norway, Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland . The prize comprises a gold medallion, a citation and
cash prize of INR 50 lakh ,each .
The seven recipients of the prize are as follows. :
1. Prof. Amit Choudhuri , Professor of Contemporary Literature , University of East Anglia, Norwich , U.K. ( Humanities : Literary Studies )
2. Dr. Ashis Lele ,Scientist , National Chemical Laboratory , Pune , India ( Engineering and Computer Science )
3. Dr. Satyajit Mayor , Professor of Cellular Organization and Signalling at the National Centre for Biological Sciences , Bangalore , India ( Life Sciences )
4. Dr. Ayyappanpillai Ajayaghosh , Senior Scientist , National Institute For Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, CSIR , Thiruvananthapuram , India
( Physical Sciences )
5. Prof. Arunava Sen , Professor , Economics and Planning Unit , Indian Statistical Institute , New Delhi , India ( Social Sciences )
6. Prof. Sanjay Subrahmanyam , Distinguished Professor of History , University of California , Los Angeles , U.S.A. ( Humanities : History )
7. Prof. Manjul Bhargav , Professor of Mathematics , Princeton University , Princeton , U.S.A. ( Mathematical Sciences )
Mr. S. Gopalakrishnan , Executive Co-Chairman , Infosys and President of the Board of Trustees , Infosys Science Foundation , congratulated the Juries and the laureates and expressed his hope that the works of the winners would be an inspiration for the young generation .